Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Slow Meets Track!!

Before this, there is no proper way for me to test the car..I just drive the car on the street and tried my best to drive the car as smooth and as fast as I possibly can by creating, learning and mastering my own imaginary racing lines...Thanks to the twisted and potholes ridden roads in KL......the sharp and long flowing corners available here in PJ and urban Selangor.

But still, my balls are not Made of Steel...to push the car to its limit since there's so many things to consider...(penakut sbenanya)haha..

Spirited driving is fun and I'm truly addicted to it but safety is still my first and utmost concern..I guess I'm lucky enough to have the opportunity to join Myvi Motorsport Club(MMC) trackday in Litar Dato Sagor, Kg Gajah Perak.

Wooo!!!! It's my first time to drive in track and I'm so damn excited. Now I can really push my MySloVi to its limit and see what can it do with all the basic upgrades packed in.17th July 2009...Off i went headed to Kg Gajah, Perak with the MMC convoy from KL, a 2 and a half hours journey. I was abit surprised to see the track layout upon arriving at Dato Sagor's Track...It's quite small with corners that are really really really tight (GO-KART LIKE!!!)

We were hosted by Tougeking Motorsports who taught us about threshold braking..emergency lane switch...under/over-steer control...and racing lines...

They let us tore down the track by on our own so we really had fun there. I pushed my MySloVi to the limit and lap by lap I slowly understand my car's characteristics and with it, improving my driving skills plus gaining more confidence.

In the evening, a 5 lap mini race between 5 cars was organised and I was asked to join them too. I had never drove on the track before....let alone race in one with other cars involved!!!

I started out on 3rd position and finished 4th out of 5 cars....haha...

Damn!!! They're all fast fast drivers!!! THEY BLASTED AWAY Like I was standing still!!!!

A supercharged Myvi started on the last grid and managed a podium 2nd . I really need more engine upgrades and good set of tyres but I had to get the stability issues on MySloVi sorted out first. Power without Control is a Losing Battle they say...

Here's a video taken from a supercharged MyVi with Advan Neova AD07 tyres starting at the back of the grid. Thanks to adrIo@adrian for the video he uploaded in youtube.



Note the driver's comment about my car..."NO POWER CANNOT USE!!"

WAAA!!!! This one sure racun me alot hehe....I was trying to dive in and brake late into the corner and out-accelerate the car in front of me out of the corner....the lack of power from MySloVi hampers my effort...


There are still a lot of work that needs done to my MySloVi...
  • 1st the shocks are too soft for tracks...I need a higher spring rate setup..
  • 2nd I need UHP (UltraHighPerformance) tyres...I lost all grip with my Continental CC-1 tyres...but it is a street use tyre to be fair....not meant for aggresive driving but more towards mundane city driving...
  • 3rd I NEED BUCKET SEATS!!! I was thrown in, out, left and right everytime under hard brakings and diving hard into corners...I had to hold and pull myself up after being thrown around...Its really exhausting doing this all the way!! HAHA!!.
  • 4th I need to improve the engine respond... I kenak tapaw on the straightways!!!!

hmmm...Lets see what's next I can do to MySloVi.....till next time....CHEERS!!

rizal webb

No comments:

Post a Comment

-Be Nice! Don't Leave Any Crap!-