Thursday, August 6, 2009

the slow and steady

This is the under-powered 2006 Perodua Myvi Sxi 1.3 K3VE 86hp carrying 945 kg of weight. Woo...nang lembab keta tok...for about 3 years driving this car (eventually found out the air filter was clogged up pretty badly ex-factory) , BUT i can definitely tell you that the handling is the worst problem. I still have no idea why I choose this car for my project car,maybe its all about curiosity..hehe..I started fiddling with handling improvement first so i choose a new set of "Cap Ayam Wheels" measuring 15"x7" wrapped with ordinary radial tyres from Continental CC-1 size 195/55.
The best part begins, the stock shocks had worn out so I need a new one...a stiffer set which can lower my ride height abit..Heh heh he..So after some research I decided to go for GAB Fully Adjustable Type HA (Rear Independent Assembly Type) from RS-ONE. Suspension characteristic changed drastically, reduced body roll a lot...more stable...but at the same time still comfortable ...but for me the fishtail,tail out problem isn't solved yet...the car still tends to bounce left to right instead ups and down during high speed corners.So I went to KAKIMOTOR Racing and installed Ultra Racing front strut bar and rear lower arm bar. The outcome is more responsive steering feel but not solving the fishtailing issues(cheh mcm kreta rear wheel lah pulak...haha). Next I install a rear 16mm Ultra Racing antiroll bars which i got from Kegani Autotech. Results? Minimized the fishtail problem...so NOW IM a HAPPY MAN..HOO!!Since day 1 I use this car the stock oem braking system sucks...yes I mean they VIBRATE when braking + it cant even stop the myvi??? I consider it as a problem too, SAFETY 1ST hehe..so i changed the oem brake hose to PRO-RS braided steel hose and the "braking feel" is more smooth+responsive..then I headed to ENEOS 1U as I saw an offer I couldnt refuse, AXT TURBO Disc+High Temp Brake Pads... so i ask them to installed those on immediately because its the very last unit available for MYVI...the outcome is satisfying..YEY!it does stop the car well + no more VIBRATING from the fronts..I guess i have done my basics upgrading for my slow and steady MEEVEE and i think its a good investment, and driving this car with a smile instead with the boring face as mentioned by the old hag JEREMY CLARKSON from TOP GEAR (Plastic-Scratch Scratch). CHEERS!!

Rizal Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment

-Be Nice! Don't Leave Any Crap!-